School Enrollment Requirements
- 30 hours of Alexander Technique study with a certified teacher;
- Fill out the application form completely and send it with:
- — a letter of support from current or most current teacher; and
- — a deposit of $450.
- Arrange a lesson with the school Director, Christine Lidvall before enrolling; and
- Make a monthly payment of $450 throughout the school year.
Students of the school who wish to become certified teachers will complete a four year, 1,200 hour program of study which includes the following requirements:
- An extended weekend each month from September through June (refer to course schedule below);
- Two weeks of study at a residential workshops approved by Director;
- 50 hours of independent study per year (see details below);
- Upon completion of the training hours, students will earn a certificate to teach the Alexander Technique, which will also prepare students for certification by Alexander Technique International.
Note: Individual study includes individual lessons throughout the year as well as fulfillment of homework assignments, readings and student projects.